- Site Map
- What’s New
- Australian Federation of Disability Organisations
- Blind Citizens Australia
- Brain Injury Australia
- Children with Disability Australia
- Deaf Australia
- Deafness Forum of Australia
- Disability Advocacy Network Australia
- First Peoples Disability Network
- National Council on Intellectual Disability
- National Disability Services
- National Ethnic Disability Alliance
- Physical Disability Australia
- Women With Disabilities Australia
- National Disability Strategy
- National Carer Recognition Framework
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
- National Disability Agreement
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD)
- Disability Discrimination Act
- National People with Disabilities and Carers Council
- International Day of People with Disability
- ABC Ramp Up
- Policy & Research
The Australian Government provides funding to 13 national disability organisations to contribute to government policies on issues affecting people with disability, their families and carers. They also convey information between government, their membership and the broader community on social policy issues and represent constituencies’ views.
The national disability organisations are member-based organisations, accountable to the individuals and groups that support them.
In recognition of the complexity and diversity of the disability population, the national disability organisations represent many types of disabilities, as well as the interests of women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with disability and their communities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and children with disability.
In collaboration with the organisations this clearinghouse has been established as an online repository of information from and about the national disability organisations. Importantly for people with disability, their families, carers and other stakeholders this website will provide a single point of access to information on the disability organisations – their role, activities and representation.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are warned that this web site may contain images of deceased people.
- Use the main menu to navigate through the main content areas of the site. Once clicked through, each main menu item has a summary of its sub pages.
- Beneath the main menu are quick links to an overview of each of the thirteen National Disability Organisations.
- The side menu details upcoming events, recent news and an archive of previous news.
- Use the Search tool if you are having trouble finding an item on the site, or if you don’t know exactly what you are looking for.
Email UpdatesSubscribe to news updates.
- My Choice, My Control, My Future: DisabilityCare Australia (NDIS) Conference – June 23, 2013 to June 24, 2013
- 7th Australian Building Better Boards Conference – July 5, 2013 to July 7, 2013
- Direct Support Professionals Conference 2013 - The New Workplace: Professionalisation, DisabilityCare and Inclusion – July 22, 2013 to July 23, 2013